Zebra Technologies Introduces Asset Visibility Service
Zebra Technologies Corporation, a global leader in solutions and services that provide visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced the expansion of the Zebra OneCare managed services portfolio with the availability of its new Asset Visibility Service (AVS). Designed to increase mobile computer and thermal printer performance, AVS offers insight into device health, utilization and availability in customer environments resulting in increased productivity and operational efficiency.
– AVS utilizes a factory-installed agent available on Zebra devices which, when activated, provides quick and easy asset visibility for retailers,manufacturers, healthcare organizations and transportation and logisticscompanies with no lengthy configuration or commissioning process.
– Powered by Zebra’s innovative cloud-based, big-data Asset Visibility Platform (AVP) capabilities, AVS provides at-a-glance dashboards to show utilization, performance, and availability of business-critical assets.
– AVS leverages advanced predictive analytics to provide recommendationsso customers and partners can maximize operational performance.
– This new, economical service is ideal for customers and channel partners who need valuable business-critical data about device health and usage but do not need the more expensive two-way remote management
capabilities of a mobile device management (MDM) tool.
– AVS will complement PartnerConnect partners’ service capabilities and enable new revenue opportunities in areas like big data analytics -without requiring major additional investments from partners.
Jenna Stanley, vice president of managed and support services, Zebra Technologies says,
“Mobile computers and printers are essential tools for a productive workforce, no matter the size of the business. Employee productivity declines when these devices are lost, run out of power or use an outdated application or operating system. Asset Visibility Service provides insights that proactively address and prevent service issues, enabling customers and partners to deliver operational predictability and increased efficiency while reducing costs from asset shrinkage and spare devices.”